Friday, November 16, 2007

Talan got tubes in his ears


My poor little baby had to have tubes put in his ears this morning. He was such a brave little trooper. He had his last feeding at 6:45 last night and he couldn't eat anything past midnight. We had to wake him up at 5:30 this morning to leave for the outpatient hospital. We got there at 6 am and they took all our information and than we had to wait in the waiting area for a few minutes before they called us to go back for prepatory until the doctor arrived. He was so hungry by this point, I felt so bad for him. All the nurses kept commenting on what cute and good baby he is. When anesthisologist came and got him and took him back to the operating room, it was so dramatic for me, but they were so nice that it made me not worry so much, I knew they would take care of him. Literally 10 mins later the doctor came out and said that Talan did great and that he really needed to have tubes because all this fluid just drained from his ears and his little drums were beat red. He said he should be a changed baby now. I don't know how he could get any better he is the most easiest going baby there is. Went we went to get him from recovery he was crying just because he was so disoriented, but now he is completey fine and crawling all over the house again. Success with the first child in our family to have tubes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well. It was probably harder on you than him! What a sweet boy he is. Let me know if you need any help. : )Liz

Jenny said...

What a little sweetie, I am glad things went well and that he is happy crawling around at home now! I am glad your #3 is such a good baby, makes me wonder if I could be that lucky (just started thinking abt. a third) Anyway hope you have a good weekend.

Missy said...

My oldest had tubes, it worked miracles! And you know I am counting on you to Blog about the Girls Weekend I missed...Tiffy's computer stinks so she hardly blogs...so deliver the "Goods" Especially all the "dancing"...that's all I will give away. LOL!

Jeni Everett said...

Yeah! Tubes can be so great for little ears. I am so glad your experience was a positive one.

katie said...

Sweet Baby Boy! He is so cute in his little scrubs.

Amber said...

I had no idea he was getting that done. It is scary especially when he's so little. I'm glad everything went okay. Poor little guy!

The Meachams said...

What a little STUD!!!

I still can't believe he fell asleep in your arms yesterday during church...how do I train my child to do that????

ps: I SUCK at blogging :)

Court said...

I am sorry to hear he needed tubes, poor guy. But I am glad to hear that everything went well. Happy Thanksgiving!