Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have a wonderful family and friends. I am thankful for Heavenly Father, my kids health, our nice home, food on the table, and so much more. This year I really tried to teach my children the meaning of Thanksgiving. I don't think they have gotten it yet, but they are catching on. Mason is currently thankful for his dad's new toy (we'll show you that later). I tried telling him that we should not be thankful for the material things in life, but what is more important like our family. I think he's got it now. My sweet Brody says he is thankful for Wolverine. I think he is still on that kick from Halloween, but they both have such sweet spirits that I trust they are truly thankful for what really matters.


Today, we had a wonderful dinner out to Dustin's parents house. My parents were invited, so that made it really nice. Brittany was unable to come home from Reno, so we really missed her today. We had such good food needless to say I won't need to eat a thing until Christmas with Bonnie's noodle gravy and my mom's Broccoli casserole, I am set until than anyway.
Every Thanksgiving after we eat the dad's take the kids to the park while the girls do a craft. I had no time to take pictures because I was busy making this and I am still not done. It is so cute, it's an advent calendar made out of matchboxes. It is very time consuming, but fun to make.

Well next it's putting up the Christmas stuff, I am so excited this is my favorite time of year. I just love it............

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! What a sweet tradition! Crafting while the dads take the kids to the park. Next year I am all over that one! I love your advent calendar, it will be so cute!

Court said...

Sounds like a fun Thaksgiving. The advent calendar is darling and the idea of the dad's taking the kids while the mom's do a craft is a great idea.

Amber said...

I need the scoop on how to make that advent calendar.. I think it is too cute!!

Amber