Thursday, July 31, 2008
We have a name!!!
So, I am the type of person who wants to have a name for my baby once I know what I am having. I like to call he/she by their name instead of baby all the time. Anyway, here is the story of how she is getting her name. Dustin's parents had a daughter before they had their four boys and her name was Lori. She passed away when she was 3 years old. Since I have know Dustin he has always wanted to name his daughter after her. I once suggested that maybe we spell it different that way she would have her own spelling and plus I wanted it to be five letters like the boys names are. I thought it would be cute to spell it Loree. I like the "ee" spelling in little girls names. My friend Haleigh has spelled two of her daughters that way and I have always loved it. Another really neat thing that happened was when we were sitting in the waiting room before the ultrasound. Dustin had picked up a Newsweek magazine and started reading this article, something that had to do with a Missionary. Anyway, the first word in the article said Loree Moser the missionary's mom ( I have never seen it spelled that way before). I was shocked. I said oh it's a sign this is a girl.. I was just being silly. Then we get in the ultrasound room and the tech said it was a girl. I couldn't believe it. I told her the story and she wrote baby Loree on her pics. I really think she is destined to have this name. Dustin's sister was also born in December and we are so honored that Dustin's parents said we could use her name. Her name will be Loree Lynn Carroll.... Lynn is after my mom's middle name. We are so excited and can't wait to meet her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I love it! Sounds like she is meant to have that name.
I am with you on choosing a name thing, the sooner you know.the better with me! I love her name..Loree Lynn. Very sweet & significant for your family. Hope you are feeling good. :)
I'm so excited. I can picture it now... little Aubree and Loree, BFFs just like us :o) How fun! I can't wait to meet her too!
Haleigh
Too cute-love the spelling and love that you are honoring your sweet mom!
So cute Bridget! And so fun that she'll have a story behind her name. That will be special to her forever:)
that is the sweetest story.
i hope you're feeling good!!
What a pretty name! Love the spelling! I really can't wait to meet her. Travis is going to have so many cute girls around him! :-) Hope you are feeling well. Let me know if you need anything.
What a darling name!!! I love it. I'm so excited for you to have a little girl. They are SO much fun.
That is a great story...love it. And I too love "ee" (Emalee:) I am so excited for you and to see this sweet baby girl!
Very cute. And nice spelling ... from a "ee" person ;)
Post a Comment