
So, I have decided to volunteer in Mason's class every other Tuesday for two hours in the afternoon. Yesterday, was my 1st day and oh boy was it interesting. When I first walked in, Mason was a little embarrsed he kinda just smiled at me. The kids were getting ready for snack, so his teacher had me go laminate and cut some things. When I came back that were doing Math centers, so I went around and helped all the kids. I went to Mason's station because his was full and probably the hardest station. Anyway, I went up to help him and this little girl who is quite bigger than Mason turns to me and says "You can leave, I can help him" I totally cracked up, but than I was a little concered that maybe this little girl always wants to do Mason's work, so I had to ask his teacher if that was true. Luckily she said no, but the little girl is Mother Hen of the classroom and that is just how she is. I defintely left there exhausted. I don't know how these teachers deal with 25 kindergartners all day. Mason's teacher is wonderful though and I really like her. Oh and I even got to meet the classroom bully that all the neighborhood kids talks about. He is probably 4 times the size of most kindergartners. He talks so loud and is completely obnoxious. It's so sad too because he sits at a table all by himself, but that is the only way she can control him. I can't wait to go again in two weeks this is going to be an interesting year.



1 comment:
You are such a nice Mom that you have already been in as a volunteer. My kids beg me to come in and I don't want to cuz it is CRAZY in there. I get a complete anxiety attack! Poor teachers, they deserve a raise. And I am glad that he is not in my kids class. I would die if my kid was the large bully!
CUTE SLIDESHOW! I love looking at pics of families, I am totally nosey!
Post a Comment