Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First trip to the ER

It finally happened and you knew it would with three little boys. Brody hurt his finger and had to have stitches. On Monday afternoon Brody was being his typical self and not cleaning up his jello he dropped on the floor, and mom got really mad at him and sent him to his room. Well he decided to play with the plastic night light and he cut his finger. The sad part is he didn't even tell me. I heard him screaming up in his room, but I thought it was because he was mad for having to be in there. Well, I went up to check on him and when I opened the door blood was everywhere all over him and all over the carpet. Of course, I freaked out and was totally panicked. I managed to clean him off and go get Dustin at the gun shop and we took him to the ER where he had to have 4 stitches. He is our tough little guy and handled everything so well....

5 comments:

jill s said...

awwwww!! what a tough little boy!

and what a good momma making cookies to make everything all better!

Missy said...

Oh, poor little guy! I have had quite a few stitches, broken bones, etc. and I never handle it well! I see blood from my kids and flip out. My kids have to take care of ME. Sounds like you handled it well. And a nice Mom for making cookies. And are those NO BAKE COOKIES...YUMMMM, now I want some!!!

Amber said...

So sad, poor little Brody! I can't believe you've made it this long without the ER trips. It's bound to happen with boys!! I'm sure this will be the first of many. Hope you're doing good and that he's feeling a little better.

Haleigh said...

Oh! I that is so sad. What a trooper!

Jenny said...

Yikes! We had our first trip this summer! Kids are sure tougher than they let on! You are such a good mommy. Glad he is doing better!