Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hawaii- Happy 10 years of Marriage!

Day 1 Aloha! I of course had to have a lei immediately after getting off the plane. That's what they do in the movies :) Bonnie and I at the airport.
We stayed in Waikiki for a few nights and this is the beach at night, so quiet.

Day 2




This is right by Hanama Bay. It just happened to be closed on Tuesdays, so we weren't able to go.



We pulled over to a private beach so we could snorkel. Dustin and Dale found a turtle with a missing little wing and swam with him for awhile. Everyone got burned that day. I tried to snorkel for the first time and was a little freaked out the water was so salty.






After swimming we went back to the hotel and got cleaned up. We went down to the Waikiki Beach and looked around. I could not believe how crowded it was. It was packed with people. Just like in the movies where you can't even see the sand.





After we walked around we went to the International House of Market and loaded up on Souvenirs.








They have this at the International House of Market. I guess when Dustin was there back in the early 90's they took a picture on this same surf board. We will someday have to take the kids there so they can try it. :)








It was a toss up for Dustin visiting Dog the Bounty Hunter's office or Diving. He just loves Dog and I think we went there like 3 times to see if he was there, but he was in Colorado filming. I guess not enough crime in Oahu. This is the back door to his office.








The two of us in Dog's front office.




Day 3


What's for Breakfast? I wanted to go to a baker for breakfast. I just love bakery's and unfortunaltey we don't have enough in Arizona. So I googled a bakery near by and Leonards' Bakery popped up. We drove there and when we got there a tour bus had just shown up their were a ton of people there. I had not idea about this place, so we went in to get regular old donuts and this kind man in line said you aren't from around here are you. We said No and he said you need to order a Malastada. I guess Leonards was famous for them. Well we did and oh my gosh I was in heaven. It is a cream puff filled with coconut, chocolate or custard. To die for I of course got the coconut. YUMMY!!!









We visited Pearl Harbor of course. It was different from the time Dustin had gone before. I guess people were more somber then when we were there it is almost like no big deal now. Which I think is so sad. Before Pearl Harbor we went to the swap meet at the Stadium and got more souveniers.







You take a ferry ride over to the S.S. Arizona and you still can see oil leaking and it's been 60 years. Wow! It was really crazy!





After Pearl Harbor we headed to our Resort. Ko Olina Marriott it is on the West side of the Island and it is so beautiful so much quieter over there. We had 4 lagoons to choose from and this one was right in front.



The sunsets were gorgeous.



Day 4
We took a drive up to North Shore and went to the Temple. It was under construction so it was really quiet there. We met a cute little Sister Missionary from Mesa.


Then after the Temple we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We ate a Luau Dinner which I was that big of a fan of. It was ok food. The rolls were purple and the potato salad was weird.



Polynesian Cultural Center




This guy was a dancer at the Luau and we couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like Guearmo from The Proposal.





HA was the show we saw that night at the Cultural Center. It was a good show and they gave you their dessert that is tradition in the culture. It was pineapples, peaches on some sort of sorbet. I liked that :)
Day 5

Dustin went diving that day and we pretty much just chilled at our fabulous resort.





Another sunset!

Right by our resort was the boat for Johnny Depp's 4th movie of Pirates of the Caribbean which comes out next summer. They had just gotten done filming and I guess he was on Waikiki beach the same day we were and he stayed at the resort down the street a couple weeks back. Poor Bonnie was sad she didn't get to see him.





This was a yummy sushi place we ate at. I always wanted to eat sushi off of a conveyor belt.



Sat Day 6



We chilled on the beach again while Dustin went diving.






After his 2nd ship wreck dive. I was sitting on the beach when I saw his boat come in from diving and walked down to get him.


I can't believe a few days there and I just find out there is a slide on another pool. I love pool slides.
Day 7


We went up to North Shore again to Shark's Cove and a little beach where turtles were. That was probably my favorite part of the trip. Snorkling with Turtles that were gigantic.





Shark's Cove the water here was so clear and you could see the fish so well. I was amazed at how awesome the fish were. There were so many different kinds. One's I have never seen before of course Dustin knew everyone of them. The school of fish was so cool to see how they really swim so close together and they don't leave each other.


This was a surfing beach up on North Shore I can't remember the name though.







One of turtles we swam with. Look how big he is!

Day 8


Mohala Hawaii!!! We will miss you, but it's time to go home to the kids.

This was another of my favorite foods there. I saw so many people on the island eating these seaweek wraps with rice and crap in it. I called the front desk at our Resort and asked where you can get these and what they are called she said they were called Musabi and you can get them at 7 eleven. I about died. 7-eleve? What? Anyway we went to the nearest 7-eleven.

Goodbye Hawaii!!! We will miss you, but it's time to go home to the kids.

3 comments:

katie said...

Such a BLAST!! I love the picture of Dale reading his People-too funny! I want your tan!

Jen and Bryan said...

SO JEALOUS! Looks like you had a blast and you can tell as the trip progresses that you are getting serious sun. Some day we should ALL go there. :)

Unknown said...

So much fun! I am glad you had such a great time but I am sure it is nice to be back with the kids :)